Introduced in Spring ’14, Salesforce Orders create an agreement between your company and a customer to provision services or deliver products with a known quantity, price and time. Salesforce Orders brings Sales and Service processes closer to one another and bridges the GAP between Sales Cloud and Service Cloud.
One can create Orders from Contracts and/or Accounts. Reduction Orders and Negative Quantity allows users to process returns and reduce services. After an order is created – Account and Contract fields on an Order cannot be modified. Orders follow the sharing model of it’s Account.
- Users must have the “Active Orders” permission to be able to change the order status from “Draft” to “Active”
- Users must have the “Edit Activated Orders” permission to edit or deactivate an activated order
- Only activated orders can be reduced
- Reduction orders must be removed from an activated order before an active order can be deactivated
- If a reduction order has been activated, products can be added or deleted to that order
- Only one price book can be associated with each order
- Once a price book has been assigned to an order, it cannot be changed or removed
Use the Place Order REST API to load or synchronize order data from external systems. An alternative is the SOAP API — the SOAP API includes reference information about objects related to Orders and Order products.