Following is a quick summary of the differences between SharePoint WorkSpace vs. SharePoint SkyDrive Pro. I personally use and recommend SharePoint WorkSpace (which is compatible with both SharePoint 2010 and 2013). It is an excellent product that has really improved my workflow and collaboration.
- Part of Office 2010
- Compatible with SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013
- Handles document libraries as well as lists (e.g. issues, discussions)
- Allows you to selectively choose what to download locally
- Part of Office 2013
- Compatible with SharePoint 2013 only
- Only handles document libraries
- Must download all documents in the site – no selective download
Click here for more detailed information on these two options.