The client uses an electronic portal called MyAccess that allows its staff to view and use Enterprise Applications mapped to one’s roles and responsibilities. MyAccess provides a single point access. Following challenges were identified by the client with MyAccess –
- Dependency on the Adobe Flash plug-in
- Incompatibility with mobile browsers
- Dependency on an internal Content Management System
- Dependency on Oracle ERP’s up-time for user and role information
- Inefficient configurability of the portal content and dependence on role-based administration
- Low Availability
- Inaccessibility with screen readers
- Inability to gather usage statistics for profile tracking and monitoring
M&S built the second generation MyAccess using Oracle Application Development Framework 11g using the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern. In addition to the capabilities offered by Oracle ADF 11g, M&S selected this platform for application development to assist the client in their effort to seamlessly upgrade their IT infrastructure from Oracle Fusion Middleware 10g to Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g.
Within 12 weeks, the second generation MyAccess enterprise portal was architected, designed, implemented and deployed into the production environment, available to over 37,000+ users at any point in time having met all the challenges identified by the client.