Job Title: Technical Lead Engineer/Consultant I
Job Category: Technical Management, Analysis, Software Development, Consulting
City/State: Morgantown, WV
Shift: Day job
Date Posted: 04/15/13
M&S Consulting is a technology and strategic management consulting company. As an IT Consulting Firm, M&S has excellent skills in Middleware, full lifecycle software development and testing. Our expertise in performing compliance and assessment audits for various customers is superb following our process and technology methodologies. As an Oracle Gold Partner, our Oracle Middleware team consists of highly skilled consultants and SME’s with deep niche expertise in all facets of software development, testing and custom integrations.
As a member of the M&S team, the Technical Lead Engineer/Consultant I position requires experience working with customers to document needs and project requirements as well as contribute to Project plans and execute defined tasks. Technical Lead Engineers/Consultant I’s will have demonstrated the ability to develop and execute delivery work plans, to monitor progress against the work plan, and to supervise and provide guidance to junior level resources.
The Technical Lead Engineer/Consultant must have strong analytical and technical skills and have demonstrated the ability to provide guidance/leadership to development teams, supervise the development and testing of information systems, and resolve technical issues.
- BS in Software Engineering or related technical field and 4 years’ experience with Information Technology tasks or projects is required
- Responsible for providing and leading software development and maintenance, direct end user training and technical support, COTS product customization, technology research and evaluation, rapid prototyping, and systems configuration and deployment.
- Leadership duties include estimating, planning, and directing work, and briefing customers, participating in control board activities and decisions, architecting solutions, contributing to strategic plans, interfacing with stakeholders, and developing project reports.
- Ability to analyze systems requirements, translate system requirements into systems designs, perform systems development (including development of application and technical architectures), conduct test activities.
- Comprehensive space domain, systems architecture, integration, and management experience to support the aeronautics and space independent verification and validation program team in support of space flight project automated testing.
- Experience in simulator design and development, hardware modeling, MIL-STD-1553, and various space systems (space telescopes, manned space flight, etc.)
- Experience in legacy system interfacing, protocol conversion, simulation and modeling, full lifecycle software development, prototyping of aeronautics and space systems, robotics systems/spacecraft
- Knowledge of .NET, SQL, Eclipse, Java, C, C#, C++, Ada, VHDL, Tomcat, or IIS web servers, code static analyzers, MS Windows, Unix, and Linux. Experience integrating CASE tool environments such as MKS Integrity, Microfocus Together, DOORS, Matlab/Simulink, and the Rational toolset.
- Experience with embedded avionics software development, and testing, flight simulation, Real time operating systems (e.g. VxWorks), computer emulation (e.g. Virtutech Simics).
- Working knowledge of UML and ITIL based services
- Passionate about customer success, process, and technology
- Ability to lead teams and work independently
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills
- Very strong presentation skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.