You may have applied or are considering applying the Oracle Application Server 10.1.2.3 patch for a variety of reasons. As a result, if you are running Oracle Portal 10.1.4 or 10.1.4.1, your Portal will be upgraded to 10.1.4.2.
Portal 10.1.4.2 New Features
There isn’t much to be found in terms of documented new features for Portal 10.1.4.2, but I understand the following to be new to this release:
- Portal Repository JSR-170 adapter
- You can now copy pages across page groups
- New HTML DOCTYPE specification
Portal 10.1.4.2 Bug Fixes
Of the many bug fixes documented for Oracle AS 10.1.2.3 and Portal 10.1.4.2, following are just a few that you might be pleased about:
- Omniportlet onclick was still opening the link in the same browser window.
- Customize/Personalize links on a portlet were accessible even after the Global Inactivity Timeout has occurred.
- When a WSRP portlet tried to upload content of size > 64k as multipart request, then an error was displayed saying > 64K is being uploaded.
- All old-style URLs may now be redirected directly to the new URL without going via the splash screen.
- More in the full article…