Here are quick shortcut keys I use when using SQL Sever Management Studio’s query editor (I happen to be on version 2008 R2).
- Comment selection: CTRL-K, C (while holding CTRL)
- Uncomment selection: CTRL-K, U (while holding CTRL)
- New Query Editor Window: CTRL-N
- Find: CTRL-F (F3 for next occurrence, SHIFT-F3 for previous occurrence)
- Replace: CTRL-H
- Word completion: ALT+RIGHT ARROW
- List members: CTRL-SPACE
- Next Editor Window: CTRL-TAB (previous CTRL-SHIFT-TAB) —- this works like Textpad
These are some of my favorites out of the full list of SQL Server Management Studio shortcuts published by Microsoft.
More to come in an update, but wanted to get these listed here in draft form to help my team members and perhaps others on the internet that like to have efficient text editor capabilities in the RDBMS IDEs.
Show line numbers with Tools > Options > Text Editor > All Languages > Display > Line Numbers (as below):