– I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
– Installed MySQL Workbench 5.2
– Worked fine for a while, but as soon as I start the program now, I get a message box saying “MySQL Workbench has stopped working”
I checked Event Viewer and see two logs:
Event ID: 1026
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 100B954E
Event ID: 1000
Faulting application name: MySQLWorkbench.exe, version: 22.214.171.12490, time stamp: 0x4fa2f938
Faulting module name: wbprivate.be.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4fa2f597
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000b954e
Faulting process id: 0x10e4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd586ae9d84640
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\MySQLWorkbench.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\wbprivate.be.dll
Report Id: 28513477-c45e-11e1-955a-534e57000000
1. Uninstall (aka “Remove”) MySQL Workbench 5.2
2. In C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MySQL, rename “Workbench” to “Workbench_old”
3. Reinstall MySQL Workbench
4. Check out the folders in “C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MySQL”, and notice the “Workbench” folder is recreated
5. Launch MySQL Workbench and all is good![learn_more caption=”Extra Note”] Note: For good measure, I renamed back the folders in “C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MySQL” to test if that was the issue, and sure enough, as soon as I put the “old” folder back into place I had the same issue launching MySQL Workbench.