Job Title: Subject Matter Expert/Consultant II
Job Category: Subject Matter Expertise, Consulting
City/State: Morgantown, WV
Shift: Day job
Date Posted: 04/11/13
M&S Consulting is a technology and strategic management consulting company. As an IT Consulting Firm, M&S has excellent skills in Middleware, software development and testing. Our expertise in performing compliance and assessment audits for various customers is superb following our process and technology methodologies. As an Oracle Gold Partner, our Oracle Middleware team consists of highly skilled consultants and SME’s with deep niche expertise in all facets of software, testing and custom integrations.
As a member of the M&S team, the SME/Consultant II position requires an ability to take initiative and a willingness to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment. The SME/Consultant II’s must possess experience working with customers to document needs, project requirements and analyze issues as well as contribute to Project analysis activities and execute on defined tasks. Our SME/Consultant II’s have demonstrated the ability to develop and execute work plans, to monitor progress against the work plan, and to supervise and provide guidance to junior level resources. The SME will be able to perform analysis of software problems to determine root cause, corrective actions for current/future projects and risk mitigation for activities for upcoming projects.
- BS/MS/PhD in Software Engineering or related technical field and 6 years’ experience is required
- Comprehensive space domain, systems architecture, integration, and management experience to support the aeronautics and space IV&V program team for research into software issues and failures associated with flight science, human rated missions, ground systems and legacy software.
- Technical leadership and guidance to working groups, project leads, and project managers in analysis of the failures/issues.
- Ability to mentoring junior-level software engineers.
- Collaborate/communicate across multiple projects and centers regarding the root cause of the software anomaly found and the lessons learned based on analysis.
- Responsible for the development/implementation/refinement of the advancements to the IV&V processes based on results of anomaly/issues found.
- Responsible for preparing/delivering presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables, participating in meetings involving Government customers.
- Performing analysis and making recommendations regarding the aeronautics and space programs.
- Familiar with UML, software architecture, service oriented architecture, agile processes, systems engineering, and verification and validation is necessary.
- Experience working onsite with Government customers in a collaborative technical environment and familiarity with aerospace or military programs/processes for space, ground, and launch systems are required.
- Domain experience/education in space systems, software/system engineering, software safety, and mission assurance
- Prefer experience with NASA or military programs involving space domain topics such as propulsion; guidance, navigation, and control; vehicle system management; mission ground operations; flight dynamics; operations; launch operations/processes; software safety; and missions.
- Passionate about customer success, process, and technology
- Ability to lead teams and work independently
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills
- Very strong presentation skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.